Day 32. Monday. Flour.

Early this morning there were more weeds in the front than I felt like ignoring, so my walk was shortened a bit. I saw three joggers.

Work was quite uneventful. The fun part was looking for security holes in our code. This is an area in which I don't shine, but we can't afford loopholes ... and I remember the scathing things I used to think (and even say) about the developers of other pieces of software that turned out to have exploits of the kind that your mother warned you against thirty years ago. Will there be weaknesses? Almost certainly, but none caused by my laziness or foolishness.

The county is slightly below 200 hospital cases, the state slightly above 5k, so not much change. The UK and US both show slight, perhaps ephemeral, declines in the numbers of new cases and of deaths; the doubling times grow, slowly; Spain and Italy show sustained declines in active cases according to [site that crashed my browser]. Their R-zero is below 1.0, and Spain is trying cautiously to re-open its economy. We can be grateful to the Spanish for trying this out. hey are, culturally, far more like us than China is, and we can learn from their experience. Or rather, we could if we had leaders who were willing to learn from anything except their own speechwriters. Today's statements from the White House are of the "you can't make this shit up" variety.

Last week I ordered a sack of flour, enough to keep us in bread for a month or so, and it has now arrived. Since our previous supply has not run out, I have the luxury of leaving it in the garage for a day or two so that any virus which may have stuck to it can perish; on the other hand, the garage does host some mice. I wonder how quickly they will find it. OK, I'll protect it. Reassuring to have staples in stock, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 27. Wednesday. Bike again.

Setting the Scene

Day 43. Saturday. Stable, not out of danger.